Published: 19 September 2017
UMMAH MASJID ADMINISTRATION FACILITY RENTAL
AGREEMENT & TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE NOTE THAT RENTAL IS CONFIRMED ONLY UPON RECEIPT OF PROPERLY EXECUTED
FACILITY RENTAL AGREEMENT AND PAYMENT IN FULL OF ALL FEES INCLUDING HST
1. “Administration” means “Ummah Masjid Administration.”
2. “MMA” means “Maritime Muslim Academy.”
3. “Responsible Person” means the individual designated by the Renter to be responsible to
the Administration and MMA for the rental of the facility, the supervision of the Event
ensuring that the terms of this Agreement and the Policies of MMA and Administration are
complied with. The “Responsible Person” is identified in the signature block of this
4. The “Representative” of the Administration and MMA for the purposes of this rental, is the
person who has signed this Agreement below, or a person designated by that person for
this Event. The Representative” is identified in the signature block of this Agreement.
5. “Facility” means “Gymnasium” located at the Ummah Masjid, 2510
St. Matthias Street Halifax, Nova Scotia.
6. “Incident” means any event which has given rise to or may give rise to personal injury,
property damage or other loss or contravention of law.
7. The Administration may suspend or deny any Renter use of the Facility at the sole and
exclusive discretion of the Administration.
8. Nothing in this Agreement precludes the Administration or MMA or both from adopting
Policies further restricting usage of the facility.
9. The Renter and its Responsible Person shall ensure that no use of the Facility is permitted
which conflicts with the Mission of MMA and the Administration for which is not in
accordance with MMA Administration Policies on the use of the Facilities.
10. The Renter and its Responsible Person shall ensure that the use of the Facility does not
interfere with the orderly function and operation of MMA.
11. The Renter and its Responsible Person shall ensure that the use of the Facility is as
described by the definition of “Event” at paragraph 6 above.
12. The Renter and its Responsible Person shall ensure that the Event does not advertise,
promote or operate programs or services competing with Administration and MMA
activities including commercial activities, if any of MMA and the Administration or other,
current, facility Rental Agreements.
13. The Administration reserves the right to close any Event upon the failure of the Renter and
the Responsible Person to observe the provisions of this Agreement, the Policies of the
Administration or of the MMA.
Terms & Conditions
1. Activites and events held at the Facility shall not promote hatred or discrimination against or expose to contempt any
person or group of persons.
2. The Facility is to be used only for the Event designated in this Agreement.
3. The Renter and its Responsible Person are responsible for ensuring the parking vehicles for
the Event occurs in the area designated by the Administration.
4. Any incident shall be reported by “Incident Report” to the Administration as soon as
possible and in no Event, later than 24 following the incident.
5. A form of Incident Report is attached.
6. The Administration reserves the right to cancel any Event and to terminate this Agreement,
as the case may be, for “sufficient cause.”
7. “Sufficient Cause” shall include circumstances beyond the control of the Administration
including circumstances related to the Facility or services servicing the Facility arising by
way of emergency or unforeseen conditions, or conflict with the Mission of MMA.
8. MMA and the Administration will exercise authority to cancel Events under paragraph 22
of this Agreement in good faith and on such notice as is possible in the circumstances;
9. Any fee or deposit paid for a cancelled Event shall be forthwith be refunded.
10. A Renter who cancels an Event on fifteen (15) days or more notice prior to the Event will
be reimbursed all fees paid saving and excepting a $60 administration fee.
11. A Renter who cancels an Event on less than fifteen (15) days notice prior to the Event will
be reimbursed only 50% of all paid fees.
12. A Renter who cancels an Event 48 hours or less notice prior to the Event, the Renter will be
reimbursed only 20% of all paid fees.
13. The Renter and the Responsible person shall saves the Administration and MMA harmless
for any loss or damages claimed by any person in respect of the cancellation of an Event.
Restriction on Use of Premises
14. The Responsible Person is to ensure that the persons attending the Event do not enter parts
of the Ummah Masjid other than the Facility.
15. The Facility may not be decorated without the express written consent of the
16. The Renter and its Responsible Person shall ensure that the Event is concluded by 10:00
17. The Renter and its Responsible Person shall ensure that the Facility is cleaned and vacant
by 12:00 a.m. and all property shall have been removed and the Facility left cleaned and in
an organized condition by 11:00 p.m.
18. The Renter and its Responsible Person shall ensure that no loitering is permitted after 11:00
19. The gymnasium can be used only for sports activity, Aqiqa, Nikah and Iftar.
20. Showers are not available for use by a Renter unless expressed permission is obtained and
the fee therefor is paid. Renters are not permitted the use of any Facility in the Ummah
Masjid excepting the Facility rented.
21. At the sole and exclusive discretion of the Administration, use of the facility for Islamic
purposes including lectures, Quaraanic classes, or related activities may be waived, but all
other terms and conditions of this Agreement apply to all Renters.
22. All terms and conditions of this Agreement, other then those pertaining to fees, apply to all
23. All fees including HST must be paid in full, no later than fifteen (15) days prior to the date
24. Payment must be by credit card, debit card, certified cheque, or cash. No other form of
payment will be accepted.
25. The Administration will fix a damage deposit to be paid in addition to facility rental and to
be held against any damage or loss to the premises by reason of the Event.
26. Administration will reimburse the deposit or the balance of the deposit due within fifteen
(15) days of the Administration’s inspection of the facility following the Event.
27. Showers are not available for use by a Renter, unless expressed permission is obtained and
the fee therefor paid. Renters are not permitted the use of any facility in Ummah Masjid
accepting the facility rented.
28. Responsible Persons are to ensure that parts of the Ummah Masjid other than the Facility
are not entered in respect of the Event.
Proof of Insurance
29. No Facility shall be rented, and the Facility shall not be used, unless and until adequate
proof of insurance has been provided to the Administration. Failure to produce proof of
insurance will result in cancellation of the Event without notice and shall be deemed to have
been a failure to provide payment.